- The atomic number of silicon
- The approximate atomic weight of nitrogen
- The maximum number of electrons that can fit in an f sublevel
There are fourteen possible Bravais lattices that fill three-dimensional space.
The cuboctahedron, the truncated cube, and the truncated octahedron each have fourteen faces. The rhombic dodecahedron, which tessellates 3-dimensional space and is the dual of the cuboctahedron, has fourteen vertices. The truncated octahedron, which also tessellates 3-dimensional space, is the only permutohedron.
- The number of pieces the body of Osiris was torn into by his fratricidal brother Set.
- Age 14 is the earliest that the emancipation of minors can occur in the U.S.
- The number of days in a fortnight.
- The number of legs on a woodlouse, as well as on Hallucigenia.
- number of lines in a sonnet.
- The Piano Sonata No. 14, also known as Moonlight Sonata, is one of the most famous piano sonatas composed by Ludwig van Beethoven.
- A symbol of infinity in “The House of Asterion" ("Spanish: La casa de Asterión”, 1947) by Jorge Luis Borges.